Have you ever experienced something that completely changed your perspective? I’m sure you have and will probably go through many more shifts in your lifetime. That’s what 2015 was for me… a total shift. Then came 2016, a year of learning. I took classes, eCourses, read a ton of books, watched a load of YouTube videos and magazine articles about holistic living. Finally 2017 came around and PAUSE!!!!
Information can turn into junk if not used or shared with others and I was in over-load. Too much stuff in my head and now comes the fun part… organizing that knowledge into useful segments and categories. Sounds ubiquitous (sigh) but it can be a tiny bit overwhelming. So I’m starting simple.
WholisticFit: The idea that one should practice many forms of fitness to benefit the whole being. Fitness for the MIND, BODY & SOUL.
I strongly believe that we spend a lot time connecting fitness to our bodies and neglect the rest of our being. Too often we view ourselves in one dimension but we are so much more. I once read a description of a diamond and how every facet is unique. It’s one gem with many significant angles. In our case we are one body with many different layers. [Shrek was right about layers.]
We all need to live holistic in a way that will bring harmony to ourselves and surroundings. This will take practice, lots and lots of practice. In my personal experience I’ve noticed that it will blossom from [fairy dust sound effect] having a PLAN.
Which is why I created a one hour online workshop with printable to make sure you have the right plan working with you. It’s a free session that is followed by easy to understand prompts. You’ll uncover your Food, Fit & Fun emoji. Seriously. And you should be able to create an outline for future Food, Fit & Fun schedules in your planner. I also take time to share with you ideas to boost your Self-Care regime. Yes, spending quality self-care time is so important but often overlooked.
If you don’t like where you are, make a PLAN to change it, one task at a time. Then stick to it! Believe in the process and invest in YOU.
PLAN for YOU.
Want to take the workshop? Luckily I have the link: http://www.wholelisticfit.com and you’ll also see my new website. It’s still in creation mode but I like how it’s turning out. In fact I’m creating a blog post called: 5 Benefits of living holistic – Mom, Dad and Child Edition on WholisticFit.com and I’m opening a NEW fitness class just for Moms at a dance studio. I’ll be running a full program which is food & fitness coaching, so excited!
If you want to see what my Zumba life looks like, here’s a snippet from #zincon 2016.
I mentioned earlier that I’m breaking it down to three segmented list; mom, dad and child. However that will be on WholelisticFit.com but I want to share my top 5 general benefits.
- MIND – A strong mind is 80% of the work. Exercise with reading or projects that are positive. Daily affirmations or scripture reading is super beneficial.
- BODY – A healthy body will out perform everyone else. While promoting oxygen and circulation to the brain. Not to mention that this prevents a ton of poor life-style diseases.
- SOUL – A nurtured soul is able to handle all the twist and turns that life may throw at you. Exercise through meditation, music, art journaling or basically any creative activity.
- NATURE – A well kept environment rewards you with fresh air, and that’s pretty much a major incentive. Make time to give some TLC, tender loving care, to nature in the form of picking up random trash or recycling. There isn’t a physical reward for this one, its more intrinsic.
- ETERNAL – A happy connection to your idea of eternity will dictate how you value life. Exercising your eternal muscles looks a little like this: Giving to others without expecting anything in return. Your gift is a seed, perhaps one you might not harvest but can become beneficial for generations to come. Think about inventions someone gave to humanity which we benefit from today. A positive outlook made that gift possible and their Eternal Muscle stronger.
Don’t forget to start your WholelisticFit plan. I’ll include the link on the image below.