Happy May 1st
A gift for all the Moms
I created an e-course called Balanced Beauty and here’s the details…
In 60 minutes it’ll show you how to create a FOOD, FITNESS, FUN & SELF-CARE PLAN that will benefit your body throughout the year. [It’s automatically sent to you because you joined my newsletter.]
- Informative slides with me guiding you through the process.
- Download and use the PDF printable along with the tutorial.
- You can pause, rewind and replay the session at your convenience.
- Invite someone to participate with you https://ctt.ec/S92aB
- Find out which emoji best describes your food, fitness and fun mood.
A Mother’s Day Blessing
I wanted to do something special for all the women who nurture. So I’m sending this blessing out into the world-wide-web and I hope you feel the Aloha, love.
Gratitude Challenge ✨
I’m revisiting a thread of prompts to motivate my mind into a place where wellness can thrive.
Did you know that Gratitude benefits your body as much as it does your mind. Ever heard the old saying, “Thoughts become things.”
Let’s rededicate our energy into positive thoughts about ourselves and our environment. The timing is perfect because the holidays can bring about mixed emotions which can prevent our physical success. We might miss someone that is no longer here or feel upset about past failures.
There’s a sense of time rushing by and our “To Do” list grows longer by the minute. Then we have to factor in deadlines, holiday related activities and so much more. Which is why we need to stop the insanity and slow down.
I can’t tell you the benefits of joining this challenge you have to feel it.
Will you join me?
- Become a Mermaid.
- Prompts will be delivered into your inbox starting November 1, 2016.
- Print the free PDF that allows you to jot down a reflection. (💌 Emailed with your welcome letter.)
- Post your thoughts in the comment section after the post. (✨ So we can connect.)
- Send this blog post to someone you care about and have them join you.
I’m scheduling time to complete the 21 day assignments because I need this. Being a fitness professional has its own set of ups and downs. Inspiring others while remaining self-motivated. Giving 110 % over and over again without sick days. Wow that sounds like MOTHERHOOD.
I completed this process during the spring but so much has changed. Nothing truly remains the same. So what are you waiting for? Let’s do this together. Stay fit and move for love. 💙
🗻 Food | Fitness | Features http://www.hoomalamalama.com
🍃🍂 http://www.facebook.com/manawahinefit (This is a new FB page and I appreciate the LIKES)
Beautiful Body – Day 13 & 14
We’re halfway through the BEAUTIFUL BODY challenge and then we’re going to switch things up but before we do let’s complete a checklist. I want to make sure that you have everything in place to succeed. Do you have…
- Containers – separate dishes for main, sides or snacks. I like using Mason jars for my meals and designated fridge & cabinant space for my food.
- Lunch Bags – If paper bags make you feel happy then use them for lunches or find a bag/lunchbox that spark joy each time you use it. (A trick to boost your subconscious into enjoying the process.)
- Schedule Shopping & Meal Prep Days – Treat your body like an athletic powerhouse (even if you’re not there yet) that requires consistent preparation time & quality fuel.
We all appreciate it when our nation wins gold at the Olympics but the unseen preparation is the gold. What you do when no one is watching is more important then your actions in public.
Treat yourself like a Powerhouse of unimaginable greatness.
Foodie Fit: Today I just want to feature some of my creations. I treat my kitchen like a laboratory where I can mix & match flavors. Fusion.
Below is a soba noodle fusion bowl. It’s part of my eating plan and to learn more about shopping and preparation click here. I’ve also included a video below about the Japanese tradition of soba.
Dance Fit: The sheer joy & energy would motivate me to get up and dance. Movement & good food go hand in hand. This routine is so fun that I literally got up off of my duff to jam out with them. Lol.
Cooking Class: (I have to share this one.) Check out the tutorial that made me feel comfortable enough to cook soba noodles.
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
Do you have a vision of a healthier lifestyle? Comment for connection 🌴
Beautiful Body – Day 11 & 12
I’m sure there’s nothing I can say or write that would convince you to believe my examples over your personal experiences. In other words if I said, “A rainbow is one color” you would probably argue with me. (Why?) Because your observation has taught you something else.
When it comes to food your experience is separate from mine. Maybe you react differently to food or are triggered into a memory because of a certain scent. Take a few minutes to answer the questions in the picture above. Is there a connection or contrast in what you consume when you’re happy or sad?
We often dive into diets when we should dive into our food connection.
Five HEALTHY FOOD tips to get you looking at food in a whole new way.
- Acknowledge the type of foods that you rely on to get you through your day.
- Decided if it brings life or death? In other words after you consume the product will your organs thank you with energy & vitality or feel sluggish & irritated.
- Make space for a few substitutions to jump-start healthier choices. (For me it was trading in mashed potatoes for Okinawa sweet-potatoes.) Change one thing at a time.
- Don’t force your new eating habits on others. aka: Don’t act weird at a gatherings where everyone is eating fried foods and cinnamon rolls. When I started I would eat before an event, just in case. That way I wouldn’t give into the cinnamon roll. (Okay, I did pick pieces off my daughters plate.)
- Tweak as you go! (I said tweak not twerk) Nothing is set in stone so reevaluate often and when in doubt ask yourself question #2 and decide from there.
Above is an example of a family gathering where I substituted the romaine lettuce instead of rice. Simple solutions.
Foodie Fit: Pressure cooker Japanese curry. (I just bought a new pressure cooker that can do rice, quinoa, yogurt & now I’m going to try this.)
Taste the freshness, that’s the flavor of life.
I really hope you’re enjoying the BEAUTIFUL BODY challenge because I am. I’m more conscious about my organs & bowel movements, Lol. 😂 Fitness for the digestive system may prevent disease. It doesn’t hurt to eat right.
Dance Fit: Don’t forget to move daily. You’re fitness routine should be 4-5 time a week with variations. Here’s some inspiration from our Party In Pink movement.
Why not start your own movement? All you need are 3 participants: me, myself & I.
One of my most favorite quotes in the world of famous quotes. I’m learning to live by this ancient wisdom everyday.
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
Beautiful Body – Day 3 & 4
Welcome to a healthier, sexier & vibrant you 💚. The action of you taking time to read this blog and share its content is already a step in the right direction. The goal of BEAUTIFUL BODY challenge is to workout your organs. Yes I said organs. Did you know that the your digestive system deserves a regular fitness schedule.
Fitness for the organs? Everything you chew & swallow puts your esophagus, digestive enzymes & colon (the list goes on) into a synchronized routine of movement.
It’s pure genius, our internal system.
Eating Clean is the simplest non-diet program that anyone can incorporate into a busy lifestyle. It’s reconnecting to food and the gifts of nature & life. Everything you consume should be…
- Simple, from farm to table
- Raw, whole a.k.a. real food
- Minimally processed & lightly handled
- Void of preservatives or additives
- Foods your grand or great-grand parents would recognize
Meal Prep is important when adopting this lifestyle because it’s not as easy to find whole-meals-on-the-go. And in a perfect world we could get our entire family involved but that might not happen today. Until then, start simple and begin with your meals. (Many of the women I coach & mentor have separate space in their fridge & cabinants just for them.)
Foodie Fit: This is a vlog I made for you, it has five (5) tips to make shopping easy.
Good food is a great workout for your digestive system. It will thank you by giving you energy & vitality.
Dance Fit: I got a real retro feeling with this one but I’m sure you can rock it at home 🙂
Confession, once you start incorporating clean eating you might notice regular fast foods might make you sick. I went out with my Ohana (family) and bit into a burger… OMG I felt like a oily & gross mess. My stomach was NOT happy with me. Almost as if it was saying, “Where’s the love? Why are you feeding me this junk!”
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
My new fave in the kitchen. It saves me time and it was under $30 at the time of purchase. Watch the Foodie Fit vlog to find out more.
Beautiful Mind – Day 30
The best way to maintain what you’ve learned is to go out a teach others. Think about who you will invite to the BEAUTIFUL MIND challenge & be enthusiastic when sharing. By putting yourself in the teacher position you will create permanent & positive change. (You probably remember me saying this on DAY 29.)
Here’s some ideas to get you started…
- Organize a cafè meet-up with a few friends and share your observations.
- Got family or friends who live far? No worries, you can Google Hangout and meet-up online. It’s free.
- Implement the challenge within your organization. (Specialty clubs like knitting, quilting, scrapbook, mommy & me, small biz or master mind group.
- You are the observer.
- Listening is a gift, all you need to do is witness their process.
- Use a timer & everyone shares the same amount. No exceptions but you all can choose the length of time.
- Never try to solve or figure out their situation. They must process on their own.
- Encourage them and stay positive.
- Keep the energy flowing and don’t sit too long on one person. (Timers are awesome.)
- Let them know you have one expectation: Consideration.
Take it to the next level! There’s something powerful about stating your intention. Once you’ve organized your group let us know in the chat box. Then have your BEAUTIFUL MIND TEAM check-in daily and follow through with the daily prompts. Your meet-ups will be a casual way for them to relax and share. Consider once a week or at the beginning & end of the month.
Be the change that you want to see.
Foodie Fit: great tips for meal planning.
Start simple & stay consistent plus I’ve got more resources in the next quote box below. Scroll down for the goodies.
Dance Fit: one more Sensazao, I suggest you follow them 😉
There’s more goodies for you…
BEAUTIFUL SOUL CHALLENGE is next.
Beautiful Mind – Day 29
We’ve almost competed the 30 Day BEAUTIFUL MIND challenge. As you reflect on Day-3 think about one person who can benefit from these post. Share with them about your beautiful mind transformation and invite them to try it out. You can start them off on DAY 1 and encourage them.
Experience has taught me that both permanent & positive change happens when our thoughts reflect our potential. (Thoughts become things.) The sooner you share your journey you switch from learner to teacher and your new mindset becomes a healthy habit.
Foodie Fit: for Sunday’s meal prep idea. This includes a shopping list & all the recipes for each dish. You can substitute or swap out any of theses.
Thoughts become things.
Dance Fit: Beto not only created the dance style that would become Zumba but he also sings 🙂
True friends don’t let their friends think ugly.
Beautiful Thoughts + Beautiful Conversations = Beautiful Mind
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
Beautiful Mind – Day 24
I like reading quotes by Benjamin Franklin because he understood the concept of persevere. In fact when I sense myself slipping into complacency I read a few of his wise sayings. Here are my faves, take time with each quote. Perhaps do 3-rounds of breath with each before moving on.
Small steps lead toward a big goal.
Beware of excuses, they creep into our thoughts and often feel reasonable.
It wasn’t easy forming the United Sates of America but the benefits have lasted generations. What will you do to leave a legacy? I think starting with the persuit of happiness is a great place.
Foodie Fit: Hacking meal prep.
Dance Fit: This is a get-up and dance type of song. Easy to follow and catchy 🙂
Please Like 👍🏽 Comment 💬 Subscribe ✔️ Share 😃
PEACE be the Journey
Beautiful Mind – Day 20
Let’s pretend it’s your 12th birthday you rip open a card and dig for the money tucked away. And then imagine 10-years passed by and you’re going through a difficult time when you stumble across the card but this time you read it. The message says: To a brilliant and beautiful young lady, you’re AH-MAZING and never forget that! Love Mama. You break down into tears because you realized that someone believes in you.
That realization it all it takes to stand up and move on. So why not take some time to write a meaningful letter to your future self and seal it with a kiss. Don’t wait for someone else to make you happy or feel valued.
Become the advocate for your needs and never stop believing.
Foodie Fit: A dream for me, having a garden in Hawaii. I’m super inspired by this.
Dance Fit: this Kizomba has a great beat and looks fun enough to join in.
Please make sure to like, share & subscribe. PEACE Be the Journey.