I’m sure there’s nothing I can say or write that would convince you to believe my examples over your personal experiences. In other words if I said, “A rainbow is one color” you would probably argue with me. (Why?) Because your observation has taught you something else.
When it comes to food your experience is separate from mine. Maybe you react differently to food or are triggered into a memory because of a certain scent. Take a few minutes to answer the questions in the picture above. Is there a connection or contrast in what you consume when you’re happy or sad?
We often dive into diets when we should dive into our food connection.
Five HEALTHY FOOD tips to get you looking at food in a whole new way.
- Acknowledge the type of foods that you rely on to get you through your day.
- Decided if it brings life or death? In other words after you consume the product will your organs thank you with energy & vitality or feel sluggish & irritated.
- Make space for a few substitutions to jump-start healthier choices. (For me it was trading in mashed potatoes for Okinawa sweet-potatoes.) Change one thing at a time.
- Don’t force your new eating habits on others. aka: Don’t act weird at a gatherings where everyone is eating fried foods and cinnamon rolls. When I started I would eat before an event, just in case. That way I wouldn’t give into the cinnamon roll. (Okay, I did pick pieces off my daughters plate.)
- Tweak as you go! (I said tweak not twerk) Nothing is set in stone so reevaluate often and when in doubt ask yourself question #2 and decide from there.
Above is an example of a family gathering where I substituted the romaine lettuce instead of rice. Simple solutions.
Foodie Fit: Pressure cooker Japanese curry. (I just bought a new pressure cooker that can do rice, quinoa, yogurt & now I’m going to try this.)
Taste the freshness, that’s the flavor of life.
I really hope you’re enjoying the BEAUTIFUL BODY challenge because I am. I’m more conscious about my organs & bowel movements, Lol. 😂 Fitness for the digestive system may prevent disease. It doesn’t hurt to eat right.
Dance Fit: Don’t forget to move daily. You’re fitness routine should be 4-5 time a week with variations. Here’s some inspiration from our Party In Pink movement.
Why not start your own movement? All you need are 3 participants: me, myself & I.
One of my most favorite quotes in the world of famous quotes. I’m learning to live by this ancient wisdom everyday.
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
As you’re living through this challenge you might notice two things.
- First of all your personal life and BEAUTIFUL BODY challenge might collide. Making time to self-care, eat whole or workout daily can cause scheduling conflicts.
- Secondly, the honeymoon feeling and excitement of doing something new might have worn out and you may consider cutting corners.
Clutter, in the world of Feng Shui, represents a blockage of chi (qi) or energy flow. And almost everyone in the physiological world agrees that a untidy lifestyle represents a busy busy mind.
Earlier I listed the names of two de-clutter gurus that I admire and follow Peter Walsh & Marie Knodo. Creating an atmosphere of success takes time because it causes you to address every area of your life. (Which I am still working on.)
My household is full of children (7 all mine) a husband (mine too) and I can’t handle a pet, yet. There’s schedules for every person and always a mountain of laundry but these de-clutter specialist are a wonderful resource for me.
Foodie Fit: fresh farm to table.
Quality living takes time to develop but once you’ve achieved it guard it violently 🙂 Namaste
Dance Fit: my fave dance crew of all time. Motivation.
Everyday is a brilliant creation & every breath is a miracle.
Please LIKE 😉 Subscribe ✔️ Comment 📱 Share 💓
Tiding up that busy mind takes practice but with this simple exercise you’ll make it happen. You can do this on a regular basis to help you plan out your activities from most important to least. You can post your feedback in the comments.
- This is also known as a brain dump and the idea is to make a list of everything that you need to do.
- Then grab a marker for each category and circle the word that corresponds.
- Finally, rewrite that list but in columns: Self-care, Family, Work, Fun, Give.
- If there are words left without a category you can decide to trash it (because that thought doesn’t serve you) or release it (there might be things on your list that isn’t your responsibility.
- What category has the most? Least? Which one would you like to do more in? Least? Are you surprised by your list?
From the new list, step 3, you can create a schedule around that things that matter most. However, be careful of the rabbit holes or the thoughts that take you away from your purpose. I truly hope that fitness is on your list.
Foodie Fit: oh yum it’s curry!
Dance Fit: one of our fave Zumba educators. Follow him on Instagram and see the world.
Become a catalyst for positive change.
As always I hope you like, subscribe & share this months BEAITIFUL MIND challenge. PEACE be the Journey.
Sharing something I did with a few friends this weekend.
Family plays a major role and in some cases their schedule runs our lives but let’s consider what’s best. For instance when I come across a mom who has zero energy for her self-care I know what she’s going through. I hear words like, “When they get older.” Trust me I’ve been there and in some ways still there.
Let’s build some affirmations to spark a bit of healthy energy throughout your home life. What would you like to see & what are you willing to make time for? Now create those affirmations. If you need help refer to DAY 14 of the BEAUTIFUL MIND challenge.
Foodie Fit: smoothie ideas.
Dance Fit: always a Zumba favorite.
See you on Instagram and please make sure to like, subscribe & share. PEACE be the journey.
I remember watching Harry Potter thinking, “Every incantation is just words mentioned in the right order to make something happen.” I’m sure you were pondering the same thing too. The power of words.
When I moved to the states as a child I use to hear sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me yah right! That was a messed up statement because words have power especially if you align it with intention.
In Hawaii we have our own saying: I ka ‘ōlelo no ke ola, I ka ‘ōlelo nō ka make. Basically stating that in your word there is life & death. In fact we had such a sacredness of spoken words that in old tradition a man would court a woman using the nose flute because breath from the nose was considered un-polluted. The mouth can be used to mention negative or positive things, therefore it’s not dependable. (Okay, enough culture class.)
One of my favorite words would have to be aloha because it has kauna (hidden meaning). Maybe you should choose several words or one for every day of the week. Just keep in mind that these are your MANA or power words so it should spark vibrancy. And as always you can post it to the blog for some universal accountability. Making your intentions known.
Foodie Fit: Jamie Oliver is a household favorite.
Dance Fit: fun from the Philippines
The three narratives work like this, “I believe” represents your self talk. While, “I am” is what you project to your community and “I will” sums up your actions. Its internal, external and the action you take. All three can either work for you or against you but they are always working.
The Beautiful Mind challenge is important because winners are made from within and taking time to condition your mind is necessary. Do you know someone who would benefit from this challenge? Why not invite them to start at day one. Their checkins can be here on the blog or with you. The bottom line is to start.
Every day you get closer to your goal and remember to keep moving forward. Speaking of moving have you seen this dance fitness crew, they’re amazing.
PEACE Be the Journey
Sharing from my poets brain, do you write free verse? Would you like to share it with the universe and post it here?
FYI: We want to include everyone so there’s a modified Zumba Gold class with Ho’o that happens every week. Some of our members have had hip replacement, joint and muscle issues. One of our members has 80+ years of walking in beauty.
I consider this challenge the most important of all because choosing the right accountability partner will determine your success. So consider these characteristics when searching for yours.
- Not Afraid (of you or your tantrums, lol)
- The type of friend that will tell you if you have lipstick on your teeth.
Now get started and choose wisely. Also you can comment who your accountability buddies is in the box below.
A simple bowl of yummy Korean style with the veggies hugging the egg and the fresh noodles below. I enjoy Korean food because they incorporate a lot of vegetables into their meals. The seasoning and flavors dance around to leave you satisfied and content. Have you tried Korean cuisine?