As you can see we’re happy 😊 and it’s the type of happiness that comes from hanging out with positive people. From my limited experience people who practice dance fitness seem to vibe joy. [why?] Because music 🎶 plus movement is motivational.
Music 🎶 plus movement is MOTIVATIONAL.
That statement was profound in my mind, which is why I had to quote it.
I like practicing other forms of fitness but when it comes to Zumba I happily render my body to intense cardio moments. Lol 😂The while premise is that Zumba is more of a party 🎉 and I’ve noticed how it changes perceptions of fitness.
So last year I conducted fitness events but this year it’s all about the 🎉 PARTY. Creating a party like experience that will combine food & fitness. Originally I called these SISTAHZ SESSION but this month, in honor of Mothet’s Day, I’m co-hosting SISTAHZ SOIRÉE for the first time.
Parties with a fitness theme is perfect for any community. It has a way of boosting a fit lifestyle.
- MIND SHIFT. It tricks our brain into believing that it’s not a workout when it really is.
- CELEBRATE. The fun & wow factor takes a mundane task, workout, and turns it into a celebration.
- VALUE. Happy events create intrinsic connections that is deeply felt. It sparks a memory of joy.
- CONNECTION. Sometimes we feel alone in our struggles of health & fitness. Yet spending time with positive people, who are dancing right with you, is super motivating.
- JUMP START. I’ve seen how a simple dance fitness class can be the gateway to other levels of fitness.
This 👆🏽 is my latest event and it’s a Mother’s Day Special. 💜 I’m focusing on spoiling the women in the community who do so much for their families.
Learn more: HERE
👆🏽 Lol, I forgot to post the time on the last image. Lol 😆
So you want to gather a few people together and inspire them to get fit. Great! Now what?
In previous post I shared about participating in two types of fitness events as a host or sponsor. Both examples I used were long events, averaging six hours, but what if you don’t have that kind of time or capital ($). Then throw a FITNESS CONCERT!
Here are the benefits…
- You can pack a lot into 90-minutes.
- Simple theme and set up.
- Easy to clean up and manage.
- The focus is on the workout.
- Don’t have to provide food because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Don’t have to provide water because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Party like atmosphere for potential students to feel comfortable.
How to make it happen…
- Pick a theme, date, venue and team. In that order.
- Theme: choose something relevant or top of mind. (Example: Christmas – “Jingle All The Way” Fitness Concert.)
- Date: Weekends are usually crowded but if you plan ahead you can throw a terrific weekday event.
- Venue: Location, location, location. It matters.
- Team: Volunteers to spread the word and help during the concert.
Places to market your event…
- Social Media is a great start but make sure you’re not coming across as spam-ish.
- Make short trailers that you can share across many platforms. Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat have limits on how long your video content can be. (Facebook’s Livestream is pretty fun and almost limitless.)
- Email your list of followers and give them a sneak peek into your event.
- Old school fliers still work so post them everywhere.
- You can also buy ad-space in a local newspaper or guest post on someone else’s blog about your community event.
I shared the event on Instagram and yes I forgot an “s” in subconscious. Grateful for the person who pointed out my mistake, Mahalo Mom. (Lol)
#1 Tip to make your event awesome…
HAVE LIVE MUSIC OR DJ.
That’s the honey to draw your crowd. My thought is that the fitness market is turning out new workouts and dance fitness styles daily but having live music will make your event epic.
Become a Mermaid and PEACE Be the Journey, Ho’omālamalama
You can also read about the inspiration behind the fitness concert here. Hope to see you splashing around in our very own mermaid lagoon.
Share the link and invite a friend – http://www.hoomalamalama.com/MERMAIDS.html
This year I attended Zumba Convention or ZINCON 2016 with my sister & fellow instructor Paish. We vlogged, Snapchat, YouTube our adventures to our friends and families. Nothing impacted me more than the welcome sign,
Master the business of fun!
That was the inspiration I needed to plan, create, host & lead my Zumba classes. It can be challenging to stay motivated while motivating others but that sign said it all! All I have to do is be FUN.
The first event was such a boost and all I could think about was my class. How can I duplicate my experience at #ZINCON to my students & fellow mermaids? What can I offer that would make them excited to dance off those unwanted calories and invite others?
Answer: I need to host a fitness concert, make it fun & make it memorable.
See what we got here.
Check out the #ZINCON lobby here.
Get the dance moves here.
Motivated by #ZINCON and the beautiful ladies in my class I’m hosting a fall kick-off to fitness. My background is Polynesian performing arts and what better way to host a FITNESS CONCERT than “Island Flavor.”
Become a Mermaid & grab the fitness apps resource page, for free. It’s live links that you can use right away with a brief description and cost per app.