The whole point to habit tracking is to shine a light on YOU. You’re basically paying attention to yourself. The vlog above and the pics in this post are from a habit I started with my Ohana. It was to run-away into nature on weekends.
Nature feels like a sanctuary from this digital world. It’s the only place that we can chillax. The idea was to plan, schedule and track what we do. So far so good.
I first started habit-tracking, back in the day, when trying to watch my water intake. Today I track all sorts of things. [Why?] Because understanding my habits has become a part of my holistic practice. You see I’m not interested in loosing weight but I am interested in lifestyle. That’s the #1 benefit to tracking, knowing your lifestyle.
This flows nicely with a post I did called Subconscious Curating. I also wrote an entire “how to” blogpost on my WholelisticFit page. I’ll include the link below.
Which is why I’m inviting you to track your habits. In fact I’ve created a tracker that you can PDF print for free. Click here and grab your tracker today. [PS: I put a lot of work into creating the habit-tracker and it is an opt-in printable. It’s up to you if you choose to join my Mermaid email list.]
Use it to track your…
🎨art & creativity
🚭 📵quit something
The possibilities are endless. This is one of my favorite blogpost because this process has changed my life for the better. 🤓
Grab your free PDF today…
The sounds of nature are therapeutic and holistic but taking time to actually listen can become quite a task. I had an app that allowed me to listen to my favorite nature sounds but it's not the same.
Watch the video on the link below.
We try to hike or do some type of nature inspired fitness. The air quality is better and you don't realize the challenges because the path captivates the imagination.
On this particular hike I told my kamali'i (little ones) to listen. We played a game called: WHAT CAN YOU HEAR? Here are the rules…
- Pick a starting and ending point. (Shorter distance for little ones because it's hard for them to grasp the "quiet" concept.
- During the hike or walk pause if you notice something and enjoy the sound.
- When you reach the END have them share what they heard or noticed.
- You can play this several times during the same hike. Always allowing them to communicate their observations.
National refuge and parks are worth every penny. This one has a $3 suggested donation but it's worth so much more.
The goal is to have adventures that move you. Creating a fit lifestyle takes time but if you designate one trip per month you'll find it extremely rewarding. This allows you to research and prepare for the trip.
I also included a description on my Instagram page and did a mini vlog on YouTube.
We walked a total of 4 miles and enjoyed every minute. This was cheaper than a family membership to a gym or YMCA. More engaging than watching tv and created connection. WOW!
They saw forest, marsh and the Puget Sound coast line. Nature is the only place that will provide fitness for your mind, body and soul.
Want more holistic ideas visit WholelisticFit.com below is an example of the types of articles on that blog.
I host a booth at my local farmers market and for years people would ask me, “What do you do?” And I use to have trouble answering it. Yes I’m creative and I make stuff but I’m also a mother, blogger, fitness professional, foodie, nature lover and many more descriptive words. One day I decided to glue it all down. Literally.
The idea was to gather all these descriptions and match them up with images. To create a cohesive vision board. [What is vision?] Vision, my definition, is the ability to project what you desire.
Here are 5 Tips To Vision [Fitness Edition]
- Start with self discovery. What kind of lifestyle do you want? How do you want to feel & look in 1, 2 or 3 years? What do you like to do for fun that involves movement?
- Search for inspiration. Look for magazines, blogs or Pinterest for image and words. Magazines are my favorite because you can do part 3 with them.
- Collect words and images that inspire you. Cut and glue them on art paper. I use water color paper because it can handle the weight of the glue without warping. I also use decoupage glue instead of a glue stick.
- Display your creation in a prominent place. Be proud of the work you did and look at it often. It will motivate you when times get rough.
- Create or modify a new one as needed. We are in constant change. Our cells are regenerating and so much goes on in our daily lives. If an old vision board isn’t serving you than create a new one.
I created several versions of vision. A flat poster to display on the fridge and an accordion styled vision board. The one above usually lives by my windowsill. It’s one of my favorite things to look at because it has so many elements that I enjoy.
For an added bonus I did this excercise with my children and they loved it. The cork board above was an Ohana, family, project. My kiddos cut out images that they wanted and I arranged it in a snug design to reveal our idea of Ohana health.
Goals and dreams are all laid out for me to revisit often. I truly enjoyed doing this and I hope you try it out. The whole process is to align what you see with what you desire. If you want a healthy body than make sure to add images that support it. NOT a model or someone else’s body but things that will support your journey. For example: I want to loose 20lbs and like to hike; I’ll find images of trails and nature.
Need help organizing your thoughts and creating a schedule click here.
Want to be apart of my virtual class and need more info, comment below. I’ll be working with several individuals online to plan, create, schedule & do.
What you see in this blogpost is part of the fun process. PEACE Be the Journey.
The natural probiotics that occur in the finest Greek Yogurt is amazing, but finding a good one isn’t so amazing. Unfortunately almost anyone can add Greek in front of their yogurt label. Since there aren’t regulations regarding this ancient food it can be a sketchy marketplace. That’s why I’m writing this FOOD & FITNESS post.
Apparently even Abraham enjoyed the benefits of yogurt; according to Persian traditions.
I did a previous YouTube video that addressed this issue. Basically it’s all about the first two ingredients. [You can learn more here and forward to 2:05 in the video]
Luckily there’s Ellenos Greek Yogurt from Seattle’s Pikes Place Market. And you can tast the quality. 😉
For my yogurt bar I used:
- 3 Fruits – Frozen organic blueberries, dried mangos, local strawberries.
- 3 Toppings – Hemp hearts (hemp seeds), walnuts, mango & guava purée (jam).
- 2 Yogurt Flavors – Lemon Curd & Marionberry.
- 5 oz Mason jars – to hold this delicious treat.
Making your own yogurt parfait is healthier because you control the ingredients. This idea is perfect for summer time gatherings or snacks-on-the-go. In fact it’s also cheaper. The last time I bought a Greek yogurt parfait, for an after workout snack, I spent $5.85, not including tax. The issue I had was the quality, it definitely wasn’t Greek yogurt! However a 16oz tub of Ellenos is about $6.00 and I can make about 2-3 parfaits.
The 5oz Mason jar is the perfect portion control. Adding the frozen berries gave it a refreshing taste. Along with the dried mangoes that was a fun chewy texture. And topping it off with strawberry chunks was the perfect combination.
I actually did a YouTube video about all the ingredients. Unfortunately it’s taking longer to upload than I expected. So stay tuned.
Update since the original post. Here’s the tutorial post.
PS: Check out the pic-spiration I made. If you want to see more click on the image and it’ll take you to my Instagram page.
I have an active household and majority of what we do is accomplished together. My husband and I talked about sports and extracurricular activities and how it would affect our family. In the end we didn’t want to be too busy being busy. The thought of driving around hysterically trying to make practices, events & meetings would drive me crazy. Then I had a brilliant idea 💡…
I’m a fitness professional, I should just host events that they can participate in!
So I worked with my STSTAHZ (also fitness instructors) and coordinated a summer Sistahz Session. Here’s three (3) other types of fitness events you can host. (Remember to keep it simple, the goal is to promote healthy movement.)
- BBQ & Basketball 🏀 Host a mini-basketball tournament. Maybe a 3:3 session for 15min spurts. Everyone brings meat to grill and choose a grill-master. While the meat is grilling everyone else plays. WINNERS get to make their plates 1st and go to the front of the line. [Parks are perfect for this event.]
- Field Day & Fiesta 🏆 Set up mini-obstacle courses & games in your backyard. Then invite your guest to bring fiesta type foods. Ingredients to build-a-burrito, nachos or tacos. 🌮 It’s basically a potluck with a purpose. You play than you eat.
- Splash & Subs 🌯 Basically its similar to #2 except everyone is bringing ingredients to create their own sub-sandwich or meat wrap. However the activities are water associated. Games like water-balloon-toss or dodge-ball with water balloons. Maybe add a sprinkler obstacle course.
For my event I used the studio on a normally closed day, Sunday. It was a 90-minute workout and potluck. This was my third Sistahz Session and each time I see new faces. I introduced STRONG By Zumba and ran a full set. It was fun. In the end we sweated and smiled! It was worth the planning!!!
If you need help scheduling things out start the free course BALANCED BABE on my holistic fit website.
Above is the digital flier I created to promote my STRONG class. Find a STRONG class near you. Click here.
This will probably be the shortest post because the video says it all. However I did manage to take a few pics along the way. Here’s a simple meat wrap for on-the-go lunches.
I started using this delicious Greek yogurt made in Seattle. Unbelievable texture and flavor. It’s so creamy and dreamy. I’m using the natural Greek yogurt flavor and for more info click here. I like how ingredients can inspire us.
Take the free how-to-plan course + printable BALANCED BEAUTY here.
Hope you enjoyed the simplicity 🙂 and Mahalo (thanks) in advanced for sharing.