Sistahz Soirée came and went. All of the planning, promotion and care was worth it! Luckily Paish did a little Livestream 🤗
We had a fitness session than a lunch break which led us into the DIY sessions.
- Bullet Journals
- T-Shirt Cutting with Style
- Organic self-care products
We were blessed to have the BEST YOGURT at our event. Made in Seattle from a family recipe, Ellenos. The yogurt bar kicked off our buffet followed by organic chips, fruit, granola and more. Not to mention our fave water, Fiji.
The entire event was divided into two sessions; fitness and features (as in – featuring DIY projects). We used the studio space to acomadate the separate agendas.
We allowed the natural light from a Pacific Northwest sun to illuminate our event. The breeze mingled with the happy hearts and smiles went from ear to ear. This was one of the best events I’ve ever done because it combined creativity along with community.
Attendance was geared towards a particular group, women. We didn’t have children or partners working out with us like our regular SISTAHZ SESSION. I don’t think I would have been able to carry out the details and cater to our guest if it was a regular fitness event. This is how I did it… TEAMED UP WITH MAKE MAHALO then I…
- Chose a venue, date, time & audience.
- Created a theme, menu & template.
- Posted and shared the event.
- Gathered all the ingredients and projects.
- Hosted the event and had a blast.
Below was the final digital flier before the actual event.
Here’s a little video about the DIY sessions:
Stay in the loop with the newsletter & get my BALANCED BEAUTY free course here.
Oh so random… be prepared because the following images are interesting but not fitness related. However it is community building. Every year my team & I host a farmers market booth with kiddie crafts and DIY youth projects. And somehow we fit in a ZUMBA @ THE MARKET event so stay tuned.
More info here.
So you want to gather a few people together and inspire them to get fit. Great! Now what?
In previous post I shared about participating in two types of fitness events as a host or sponsor. Both examples I used were long events, averaging six hours, but what if you don’t have that kind of time or capital ($). Then throw a FITNESS CONCERT!
Here are the benefits…
- You can pack a lot into 90-minutes.
- Simple theme and set up.
- Easy to clean up and manage.
- The focus is on the workout.
- Don’t have to provide food because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Don’t have to provide water because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Party like atmosphere for potential students to feel comfortable.
How to make it happen…
- Pick a theme, date, venue and team. In that order.
- Theme: choose something relevant or top of mind. (Example: Christmas – “Jingle All The Way” Fitness Concert.)
- Date: Weekends are usually crowded but if you plan ahead you can throw a terrific weekday event.
- Venue: Location, location, location. It matters.
- Team: Volunteers to spread the word and help during the concert.
Places to market your event…
- Social Media is a great start but make sure you’re not coming across as spam-ish.
- Make short trailers that you can share across many platforms. Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat have limits on how long your video content can be. (Facebook’s Livestream is pretty fun and almost limitless.)
- Email your list of followers and give them a sneak peek into your event.
- Old school fliers still work so post them everywhere.
- You can also buy ad-space in a local newspaper or guest post on someone else’s blog about your community event.
I shared the event on Instagram and yes I forgot an “s” in subconscious. Grateful for the person who pointed out my mistake, Mahalo Mom. (Lol)
#1 Tip to make your event awesome…
HAVE LIVE MUSIC OR DJ.
That’s the honey to draw your crowd. My thought is that the fitness market is turning out new workouts and dance fitness styles daily but having live music will make your event epic.
Become a Mermaid and PEACE Be the Journey, Ho’omālamalama
You can also read about the inspiration behind the fitness concert here. Hope to see you splashing around in our very own mermaid lagoon.
Share the link and invite a friend – http://www.hoomalamalama.com/MERMAIDS.html