As you can see we’re happy 😊 and it’s the type of happiness that comes from hanging out with positive people. From my limited experience people who practice dance fitness seem to vibe joy. [why?] Because music 🎶 plus movement is motivational.
Music 🎶 plus movement is MOTIVATIONAL.
That statement was profound in my mind, which is why I had to quote it.
I like practicing other forms of fitness but when it comes to Zumba I happily render my body to intense cardio moments. Lol 😂The while premise is that Zumba is more of a party 🎉 and I’ve noticed how it changes perceptions of fitness.
So last year I conducted fitness events but this year it’s all about the 🎉 PARTY. Creating a party like experience that will combine food & fitness. Originally I called these SISTAHZ SESSION but this month, in honor of Mothet’s Day, I’m co-hosting SISTAHZ SOIRÉE for the first time.
Parties with a fitness theme is perfect for any community. It has a way of boosting a fit lifestyle.
- MIND SHIFT. It tricks our brain into believing that it’s not a workout when it really is.
- CELEBRATE. The fun & wow factor takes a mundane task, workout, and turns it into a celebration.
- VALUE. Happy events create intrinsic connections that is deeply felt. It sparks a memory of joy.
- CONNECTION. Sometimes we feel alone in our struggles of health & fitness. Yet spending time with positive people, who are dancing right with you, is super motivating.
- JUMP START. I’ve seen how a simple dance fitness class can be the gateway to other levels of fitness.
This 👆🏽 is my latest event and it’s a Mother’s Day Special. 💜 I’m focusing on spoiling the women in the community who do so much for their families.
Learn more: HERE
👆🏽 Lol, I forgot to post the time on the last image. Lol 😆
There were two events I participated in last week. One I co-hosted and the other I sponsored. And I’m going to share my take-a-way from both events.
I had the opportunity to co-host a wellness movement. The agenda was simple and the idea was to get the community to try different types of fitness styles.
I’ll be the first to admit that 7am yoga is for the truly dedicated. Personally my favorite time to practice is at 6am but that’s after years of training. Yet this crew was pretty awesome because it was a first attempt for many. Impressive!
This style was completely new to me and it consisted of pow-wow music & movements. The two leading the session are a father & son team who have competed in different pow-wow venues throughout North America. This was intense & motivating.
HIIT felt like a bootcamp session but it had a predetermined list of targeted movements that were on a whiteboard while being timed. I would challenge anyone taking their fitness to the next level to try it.
We also had health and fitness businesses join us such as the local Curves . They donated items for our raffle, connected with attendees, spoke about their services and provided valuable resources.
The highlight was having a representative from a local farmers market share products that are grown & made in Washington state. It was full of delicious berries and so much more.
How to host a Wave Of Wellness or Fitness event in your community.
- Gather of team of like minded people who are service driven.
- Set up regular meetings and possibly a “private” Facebook page to share any questions, progress or developments.
- Pick a place, date, time, budget, teams (set-up, break-down, kitchen, security & registration) and determine resources needed.
- Plan your marketing strategy and have everyone share on their social media pages.
- Host & have fun. Remember to take lots of pics.
🗻 Pacific Northwest living & Fitness http://www.hoomalamalama.com