I have an active household and majority of what we do is accomplished together. My husband and I talked about sports and extracurricular activities and how it would affect our family. In the end we didn’t want to be too busy being busy. The thought of driving around hysterically trying to make practices, events & meetings would drive me crazy. Then I had a brilliant idea 💡…
I’m a fitness professional, I should just host events that they can participate in!
So I worked with my STSTAHZ (also fitness instructors) and coordinated a summer Sistahz Session. Here’s three (3) other types of fitness events you can host. (Remember to keep it simple, the goal is to promote healthy movement.)
- BBQ & Basketball 🏀 Host a mini-basketball tournament. Maybe a 3:3 session for 15min spurts. Everyone brings meat to grill and choose a grill-master. While the meat is grilling everyone else plays. WINNERS get to make their plates 1st and go to the front of the line. [Parks are perfect for this event.]
- Field Day & Fiesta 🏆 Set up mini-obstacle courses & games in your backyard. Then invite your guest to bring fiesta type foods. Ingredients to build-a-burrito, nachos or tacos. 🌮 It’s basically a potluck with a purpose. You play than you eat.
- Splash & Subs 🌯 Basically its similar to #2 except everyone is bringing ingredients to create their own sub-sandwich or meat wrap. However the activities are water associated. Games like water-balloon-toss or dodge-ball with water balloons. Maybe add a sprinkler obstacle course.
For my event I used the studio on a normally closed day, Sunday. It was a 90-minute workout and potluck. This was my third Sistahz Session and each time I see new faces. I introduced STRONG By Zumba and ran a full set. It was fun. In the end we sweated and smiled! It was worth the planning!!!
If you need help scheduling things out start the free course BALANCED BABE on my holistic fit website.
Above is the digital flier I created to promote my STRONG class. Find a STRONG class near you. Click here.
Sistahz Soirée came and went. All of the planning, promotion and care was worth it! Luckily Paish did a little Livestream 🤗
We had a fitness session than a lunch break which led us into the DIY sessions.
- Bullet Journals
- T-Shirt Cutting with Style
- Organic self-care products
We were blessed to have the BEST YOGURT at our event. Made in Seattle from a family recipe, Ellenos. The yogurt bar kicked off our buffet followed by organic chips, fruit, granola and more. Not to mention our fave water, Fiji.
The entire event was divided into two sessions; fitness and features (as in – featuring DIY projects). We used the studio space to acomadate the separate agendas.
We allowed the natural light from a Pacific Northwest sun to illuminate our event. The breeze mingled with the happy hearts and smiles went from ear to ear. This was one of the best events I’ve ever done because it combined creativity along with community.
Attendance was geared towards a particular group, women. We didn’t have children or partners working out with us like our regular SISTAHZ SESSION. I don’t think I would have been able to carry out the details and cater to our guest if it was a regular fitness event. This is how I did it… TEAMED UP WITH MAKE MAHALO then I…
- Chose a venue, date, time & audience.
- Created a theme, menu & template.
- Posted and shared the event.
- Gathered all the ingredients and projects.
- Hosted the event and had a blast.
Below was the final digital flier before the actual event.
Here’s a little video about the DIY sessions:
Stay in the loop with the newsletter & get my BALANCED BEAUTY free course here.
Oh so random… be prepared because the following images are interesting but not fitness related. However it is community building. Every year my team & I host a farmers market booth with kiddie crafts and DIY youth projects. And somehow we fit in a ZUMBA @ THE MARKET event so stay tuned.
More info here.
As you can see we’re happy 😊 and it’s the type of happiness that comes from hanging out with positive people. From my limited experience people who practice dance fitness seem to vibe joy. [why?] Because music 🎶 plus movement is motivational.
Music 🎶 plus movement is MOTIVATIONAL.
That statement was profound in my mind, which is why I had to quote it.
I like practicing other forms of fitness but when it comes to Zumba I happily render my body to intense cardio moments. Lol 😂The while premise is that Zumba is more of a party 🎉 and I’ve noticed how it changes perceptions of fitness.
So last year I conducted fitness events but this year it’s all about the 🎉 PARTY. Creating a party like experience that will combine food & fitness. Originally I called these SISTAHZ SESSION but this month, in honor of Mothet’s Day, I’m co-hosting SISTAHZ SOIRÉE for the first time.
Parties with a fitness theme is perfect for any community. It has a way of boosting a fit lifestyle.
- MIND SHIFT. It tricks our brain into believing that it’s not a workout when it really is.
- CELEBRATE. The fun & wow factor takes a mundane task, workout, and turns it into a celebration.
- VALUE. Happy events create intrinsic connections that is deeply felt. It sparks a memory of joy.
- CONNECTION. Sometimes we feel alone in our struggles of health & fitness. Yet spending time with positive people, who are dancing right with you, is super motivating.
- JUMP START. I’ve seen how a simple dance fitness class can be the gateway to other levels of fitness.
This 👆🏽 is my latest event and it’s a Mother’s Day Special. 💜 I’m focusing on spoiling the women in the community who do so much for their families.
Learn more: HERE
👆🏽 Lol, I forgot to post the time on the last image. Lol 😆
I’m throwing one more event before welcoming 2017. My how time flies by but if you would like to see what I’m doing on a regular basis check out my Instagram
This event is to celebrate a year of fitness for all the members and I’m so excited to host this. I think the joy is connected to the fact that we’ve built a fit community of support. I see them encouraging one another and extending that support beyond the session.
In the past I’ve hosted fitness concerts for everyone and anyone but this one is different. This time it’s for members only or people who have participated throughout the year. I want to celebrate their efforts and accomplishments.
PS: Majority women and a few good men in our classes.
I get it, we’re all extremely busy but don’t let it derail your fitness plan. Announcing a pre-Thanksgiving fitness concert called
Wobble B4 You Gobble
More updates and inspiration on Instagram remember to like and subscribe 🦃💃🏻💃🏽💃🏼🎉