So you want to gather a few people together and inspire them to get fit. Great! Now what?
In previous post I shared about participating in two types of fitness events as a host or sponsor. Both examples I used were long events, averaging six hours, but what if you don’t have that kind of time or capital ($). Then throw a FITNESS CONCERT!
- You can pack a lot into 90-minutes.
- Simple theme and set up.
- Easy to clean up and manage.
- The focus is on the workout.
- Don’t have to provide food because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Don’t have to provide water because it’s only 90-minutes.
- Party like atmosphere for potential students to feel comfortable.
How to make it happen…
- Pick a theme, date, venue and team. In that order.
- Theme: choose something relevant or top of mind. (Example: Christmas – “Jingle All The Way” Fitness Concert.)
- Date: Weekends are usually crowded but if you plan ahead you can throw a terrific weekday event.
- Venue: Location, location, location. It matters.
- Team: Volunteers to spread the word and help during the concert.
Places to market your event…
- Social Media is a great start but make sure you’re not coming across as spam-ish.
- Make short trailers that you can share across many platforms. Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat have limits on how long your video content can be. (Facebook’s Livestream is pretty fun and almost limitless.)
- Email your list of followers and give them a sneak peek into your event.
- Old school fliers still work so post them everywhere.
- You can also buy ad-space in a local newspaper or guest post on someone else’s blog about your community event.
I shared the event on Instagram and yes I forgot an “s” in subconscious. Grateful for the person who pointed out my mistake, Mahalo Mom. (Lol)
#1 Tip to make your event awesome…
HAVE LIVE MUSIC OR DJ.
That’s the honey to draw your crowd. My thought is that the fitness market is turning out new workouts and dance fitness styles daily but having live music will make your event epic.
Become a Mermaid and PEACE Be the Journey, Ho’omālamalama
You can also read about the inspiration behind the fitness concert here. Hope to see you splashing around in our very own mermaid lagoon.
Share the link and invite a friend – http://www.hoomalamalama.com/MERMAIDS.html